Product After Care
Precious Metal Jewelry Care
With time, any precious metal jewelry piece that is exposed to air will tarnish.Silver and brass tarnishes faster in areas with high humidity and air pollution. Additionally contact with materials like cosmetics, hairspray, perfume, deodorant, body lotion, bleach, etc., can speed up the tarnishing process.
- Avoid direct contact with body lotions, perfume, hair sprays, sunscreen or other chemicals.Remember to remove rings & jewelry while applying those products.
- Remove jewelry before going to bed.
- Keep away from heat / direct sunlight, avoid humidity,keep your silver jewelry out of the bathroom and shower area.
- Remove jewelry when bathing, showering, swimming or during spa treatment.
- Remove jewelry during physical activities, e.g. gym, cleaning, gardening.
- Do not use paper towel or tissue to clean/wipe as they may contain wooden particles that may scratch the jewelry,use a soft silver cloth.
- Store jewelry in an air tight jewelry box to keep them moisture free.
- Avoid sulfur producers such as leather, newspaper, rubber and when preparing foods containing sulfur such as eggs, onions, fish or shellfish.
To clean or silver or brass, use a soft cloth with a polish formulated specifically to remove tarnish. You can find fine silver polishes, solutions, or cloths appropriate to remove tarnish at hardware stores or specialty craft stores. For our special decayed or black coated jewelry, retouches will be needed to restore the finish, please contact us for such complimentary service.
Leather, Antler, Bone & Fossil Care
Exotic materials such as leather, antler, animal bones and Mammoth ivory fossil should be kept out of direct sunlight or extreme heat or cold for prolonged period of time, and should be removed when using strong chemicals and other abrasive substances (including hand sanitizer).
Avoid sudden temperature changes, for example, if you stay for a long period in an air-conditioned cold & dry room, remove your exotic jewelry and put it in your pocket when you go out into hot and intense sunny outside.
Exotic jewelry should also be removed when washing hands, showering, swimming, dish-washing, or partaking in any water activities, especially in chlorine-sanitized pools and seawater. As with most jewelry, we would advise that you remove your ring when you plan on doing anything that may cause harm to the jewelry, including physical labor or heavy lifting, such as during workout sessions and gardening. Also, if the ring fits too tight and it is a struggle to remove the ring, this can cause damages and cracks.
To best condition your antler and Mammoth ivory fossil jewelry, we recommend unscented baby oil. Apply a few small drops baby oil on your jewelry and wipe with clean soft cloth or gloves once every 2-3 weeks for best results.
Once the fossil or antler jewelry get dirty, never use detergent to clean, use soft brush or cloth to wipe.
If you need any further care tips about our jewelry, please contact us here.